Unlike most prior events where we post the photos on facebook, we are instead posting a list of zip files with one for each session. This is because of a few reasons but the primary one is because of Facebook upload caps and the annoyance of taking 5-6 days to upload session albums just because of those limits. A secondary one is that Facebook reduces picture quality a lot and our photos look worse after being uploaded there.
At the 2018 American Open Series 3, we took photos of 18 sessions out of the approximately 500 that occurred. We did our best to cover a bunch of A sessions but the meet was way too big for us to cover most of it. See down below for more info.
Here are the photos (right-click and then choose “save file as” or “save link as”). See the notes section below if you have any questions:
Day 1 (3 sessions):
- Session 3: 49a (126mb, 588 images)
- Session 4: 55a male (135mb, 673 images)
- Session 5: 61a (162mb, 750 images)
Day 2 (4 sessions):
- Session 2: 55a (225mb, 1073 images)
- Session 3: 73a (398mb, 1867 images)
- Session 5: 59b (216mb, 1127 images)
- Session 6: 59a (272mb, 1370 images)
Day 3 (2 sessions):
Day 4 (9 sessions):
- Session 2: 71a (342mb, 1728 images)
- Session 2: 76a (84mb, 484 images, limited)
- Session 2: 89a (51mb, 297 images, limited)
- Session 3: 81a (317mb, 1387 images)
- Session 3: 87a (13mb, 64 images, just Marissa)
- Session 4: 96a (148mb, 394 images, limited)
- Session 5: +109a (256mb, 1290 images)
- Session 5: 102a (34mb, 195 images, very limited)
- Session 5: 109a (67mb, 448 images, limited)
A couple of other things to note here:
- We have reviewed most of these files. But given that there are many thousands of pictures that we will post, there could easily be a mistake in how something is cropped or something might be out of focus or poorly framed. However, if you don’t see a photo shown of a lift, then that means that we don’t have it (maybe it was out of focus, maybe we weren’t sitting there at that moment, etc). There also could be photos in the wrong album or similar — if you notice that, please let us know at email@example.com.
- Use a computer to download these, not a phone or tablet.
- We can’t provide tech support for these files. We’ve tested the files and they’re working for us but we can’t guarantee everything will go smoothly with your computer. If you need support due to technical issues, you can buy your data here: http://store.hookgrip.com/shop/digital-media/. We will be able to provide tech support for purchases.
- These are big files. Depending on your internet speed, they may take several minutes to download. Be patient. We list the file size next to each zip file.
If you have any other questions not answered above, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.