Unlike most prior events where we post the photos on facebook, we are instead posting a list of zip files with one for each session. This is because of a few reasons but the primary one is because of Facebook upload caps and the annoyance of taking 5-6 days to upload session albums just because of those limits. A secondary one is that Facebook reduces picture quality a lot and our photos look worse after being uploaded there.
At the 2018 American Open, we took photos of 30 sessions. Some are more complete than others. See down below for more info.
Here are the photos (right-click and then choose “save file as” or “save link as”). See the notes section below if you have any questions:
Day 1 (10 sessions):
- Session 2 Blue: 59C (110mb, 582 images, partial coverage)
- Session 2 Red: 55D (82mb, 391 images, partial coverage)
- Session 3 Red: 55C (271mb, 1293 images)
- Session 3 White: 55A male (274mb, 1184 images)
- Session 4 Blue: 49A (297mb, 1412 images)
- Session 4 Red: 55B (113mb, 592 images, partial/some C&J)
- Session 4 White: 61A (270mb, 1210 images, some C&J missing)
- Session 5 Red: 55A (321mb, 1468 images)
- Session 5 White: 59B (289mb, 1286 images)
- Session 6 Blue: 59A (290mb, 1498 images)
Day 2 (9 sessions):
- Session 2 Red: 64C (120mb, 547 images, some C&J)
- Session 2 White: 81B male (247mb, 1051 images, not full coverage)
- Session 3 Blue: 73A (137mb, 655 images, not full coverage)
- Session 3 White: 64B (242mb, 1035 images)
- Session 4 Red: 64A (225mb, 1028 images)
- Session 4 White: 81A male (182mb, 806 images)
- Session 4 Blue: 89A (171mb, 1059 images)
- Session 5 Red: 96C (188mb, 847 images)
- Session 5 White: 71B (263mb, 1171 images)
Day 3 (11 sessions):
- Session 2 Red: 71A (302mb, 1381 images)
- Session 2 White: 96A (247mb, 1087 images)
- Session 2 Blue: 87B (141mb, 880 images)
- Session 3 Red: 76A (228mb, 1109 images)
- Session 3 White: 81A (126mb, 556 images)
- Session 3 Blue: 87A (116mb, 729 images)
- Session 4 Red: +109B (176mb, 809 images)
- Session 4 White: 102A (142mb, 810 images)
- Session 4 Blue: +87A (117mb, 702 images)
- Session 5 Red: 109A (197mb, 903 images)
- Session 5 White: +109A (241mb, 1066 images)
A couple of other things to note here:
- We have reviewed most of these files. But given that there are tens of thousands of pictures that we will post, there could easily be a mistake in how something is cropped or something might be out of focus or poorly framed. However, if you don’t see a photo shown of a lift, then that means that we don’t have it (maybe it was out of focus, maybe we weren’t sitting there at that moment, etc). There also could be photos in the wrong album or similar — if you notice that, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use a computer to download these, not a phone or tablet.
- We can’t provide tech support for these files. We’ve tested the files and they’re working for us but we can’t guarantee everything will go smoothly with your computer. If you need support due to technical issues, you can buy your data here: http://store.hookgrip.com/shop/digital-media/. We will be able to provide tech support for purchases.
- These are big files. Depending on your internet speed, they may take several minutes to download. Be patient. We list the file size next to each zip file.
If you have any other questions not answered above, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.