Unlike most prior events where we post the photos on facebook, we are instead posting a list of zip files with one for each session. This is because of a few reasons but the primary one is because of Facebook upload caps and the annoyance of taking 5-6 days to upload session albums just because of those limits. A secondary one is that Facebook reduces picture quality a lot and our photos look worse after being uploaded there.
At the 2018 Pan Ams, we took photos of all sessions and all athletes. However, we do have some missing lifts here and there due to bathroom breaks, adjusting equipment, photos being out of focus, food breaks, etc. But nearly all lifts are covered.
Here are the photos (right-click and then choose “save file as” or “save link as”). See the notes section below if you have any questions:
- Session 1: 48B (336mb, 1541 images)
- Session 2: 56A (469mb, 2025 images)
- Session 3: 48A (480mb, 2057 images)
- Session 1: 62A (546mb, 2488 images)
- Session 2: 53A (557mb, 2521 images)
- Session 3: 69A male (427mb, 1949 images)
- Session 4: 58A (424mb, 1926 images)
- Session 1: 63B/69B (279mb, 1334 images)
- Session 2: 94B (202mb, 978 images)
- Session 3: 77A (555mb, 2726 images)
- Session 4: 63A (519mb, 2373 images)
- Session 5: 69A female (342mb, 1522 images)
- Session 1: 85A (643mb, 3025 images)
- Session 2: 94A (515mb, 2590 images)
- Session 3: 75A (473mb, 2432 images)
- Session 4: 105A (505mb, 2555 images)
- Session 1: 90A (490mb, 2569 images)
- Session 2: +90A (485mb, 2325 images)
- Session 3: +105A (577mb, 2914 images)
A couple of other things to note here:
- We have reviewed most of these files. But given that there are tens of thousands of pictures that we will post, there could easily be a mistake in how something is cropped or something might be out of focus or poorly framed. However, if you don’t see a photo shown of a lift, then that means that we don’t have it (maybe it was out of focus, maybe we weren’t sitting there at that moment, etc). There also could be photos in the wrong album or similar — if you notice that, please let us know at email@example.com.
- Use a computer to download these, not a phone or tablet.
- We can’t provide tech support for these files. We’ve tested the files and they’re working for us but we can’t guarantee everything will go smoothly with your computer. If you need support due to technical issues, you can buy your data here: https://store.hookgrip.com/shop/digital-media/. We will be able to provide tech support for purchases.
- We do have videos (real time 4k 60fps as well as 192fps slow motion — and 3k 120fps for some of the premier lifts in the A sessions) for this meet but they are not free because there’s no good way that we know of to mass watermark and distribute videos in a cost and time effective manner. If you’d like your videos, you can purchase them at the digital media link above. We also post a lot of videos over the course of time on our country instagram pages so videos could also show up there for some lifters.
- These are big files. Depending on your internet speed, they may take several minutes to download. Be patient. We list the file size next to each zip file.
If you have any other questions not answered above, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.